Date(s) - 10/29/2016
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Washington County EOC
The purpose of this Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)Train-the-Trainer (T-T-T) course is to produce competent instructors for the CERT Basic Training course. The course begins on October 14th at 6:00 PM. Classes are held on the 14th from 6:00 to 9:00 PM, on the 15th from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and on October 28th from 6:00 to 9:00 PM and October 29th from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Students must attend all classes to receive a certificate.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the CERT Basic Training course.
2. Demonstrate the ability to present an assigned portion of the course (teach-back).
3. Communicate the core values of the program.
4. Demonstrate classroom management techniques.
5. Demonstrate effective teaching techniques.
6. Model appropriate behavior as an instructor.
In addition to the overall course objectives listed above, each unit has specific objectives.